Monday, November 12, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 12: Fight Fire With Fire

Well, now that I've got a gaming/exercise regimen down and my hand no longer hurts, it's just about time for something else to go horribly wrong. Enter, broken furnace.

My furnace has been a headache ever since I bought this house, and of course, it's a headache that strikes at the same time every year. The repairman made it out fairly quickly, but in keeping with Murphy's Law, the warehouse he gets parts from sold the last 2 they had of whatever part my furnace desperately needs just this morning. They can get another by tomorrow afternoon, but with the snow, there are no guarantees. Fortunately, the repairman was able to get the furnace running again, and he showed me some things I can do that might keep it running for the night, but it's a band-aid fix at best, and my furnace needs stitches.

On a more positive note, I'm going to start running my stories in the rejection circuit again today. I finally found a market that looks right for my (currently) most rejected story, American Machine. So that gives me hope for the publisher to dash against the rocks of harsh reality. Yay, rejection!

I just gotta remind myself, it's not winning the race that's important, it's the running that matters.

Wow! Does that ever sound like a load of horse s*@#!

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look, I'm Not Gonna Kiss You Until You Shave That Off.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) too. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. :) I forgot about no shave November... however my friend.... I the last 2 weeks of November by coincidence started growing a beard... I am going to show these Japanese men, what real men look like!

    ReplyDelete