Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 27: Stick To The Plan

Well did Solomon (at least, I think it was him) write, "Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." As it turns out, I could learn a thing or two from that guy! (By the way, I know it's tommorrow, not to morrow, but I prefer the King James.)

So, nothing went as I planned yesterday. It's my fault, I know, but hear me out. I think it was a reasonable error.

I got home from work last night to find my wife still awake. She said she had a long day at school tomorrow (today), and wouldn't be home until after I'd gone to work. Armed with the knowledge that I'd be able to sleep all day if I wanted to and nobody would be around to care, I stayed up a little later than I'd initially planned. Only an extra 3 hours! That's not so excessive, is it? And I had it from my wife's own mouth that I'd be under no obligation to wake up early, so I could just pick up the extra sleep on the back-end! No worries!

Except - as I'm sure you realized by now - that's not how it went.

Sadly, it turns out my wife was not feeling well today, and elected to return home early (4 hours early, to be precise). And, in case you didn't already know, my wife can't stand for me to sleep late when she's home. It isn't that I don't still do it sometimes - okay, a lot - but I can't do it guilt-free, like I was going to today. So, now she's home and asks me to get up, and even though I want to keep sleeping, I can't do it because guilt is preventing me from getting back to sleep.

So here I am, right back where I started. Yeah, it's my own fault. I should have stuck to yesterday's plan, but I was weak. I did my writing first thing, but when I was done, I just had a hankering to play some Dead Island, and I couldn't resist.

Let this be a lesson to you fine folks. When you make a plan, stick to it. Unless your plan is stupid. I mean, you've got to be smart enough to know when something's not working, right?

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look, Face-Kicked by a Hobbit Foot.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) if you haven't already. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment