Saturday, November 24, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 24: Remember Your Roots

Well, with Thanksgiving over, Christmas music is now flooding my house. At least it's starting like it should, with Bing Crosby, the last Christmas crooner you'll ever need.

I've listened to a lot of Christmas music in my years - I once worked in a toy store over the Thanksgiving/Christmas season, and I was treated to hour after hour of the stuff - and my opinion is that there really doesn't need to be any new Christmas music, ever. All these modern bands who come out with Christmas songs are just wasting my time. Between Elvis, Johnny Cash, and Bing Crosby, I'm good.

Actually, I'm more than good. I'm completely Christmas-musiced out. When I hear a new Christmas song, I just get pissed off. You're not fooling anyone, you crass holiday whores!

So, yeah, any Christmas music that was made after I was born is, at best, superfluous. At worst, it's pop musicians shamelessly dropping a deuce on the most wonderful time of the year. Screw that, and screw them!

Merry Christmas!

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look, Moronic, The Hedgehog.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) if you haven't already. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment