Saturday, November 3, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 3: Lift With Your Legs

I have to wonder, just how out of shape am I that hauling a box of groceries from the car to the house leaves me winded and massaging my lower back like I spent the whole day loading cinderblocks onto a truck? Granted, it was a box of groceries from Costco, where each pack of whatever you may be buying is guaranteed to feed a small Somalian village for six days when properly refrigerated. Still, I feel like I shouldn't need to buy a lifting belt just to bring in the groceries.

Today's manly act: Start exercising. Now, I will grant you that I haven't actually started yet, but I'm not going to let that stop me. I'm going to get on that exercise bike as soon as I've finished posting this, and I'm gonna pedal until my butt feels like Rocky used it as a speed bag. Granted, that will probably be about 1.5 miles, but it's a start, and if I throw in some sit-ups and push-ups, it'll be about fifty times more exercise that I've gotten on any given day in the last six years. Yay me!

Now, if I can just stick with it for more than one day. Maybe that'll be tomorrow's manly act.

UPDATE: I did 2 miles on the exercycle, 15 push-ups, and 25 crunches. Not a lot, I know, but I feel like I just did a triathlon.

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look Impromptu Married-Sex Legs.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) too. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment