Monday, November 26, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 26: Get Some Sleep

In the words of The Beatles, I'm so tired. I have been dead on my feet for the last five days, and the worst part is that I know why. I don't go to bed at a reasonable hour, even when I know I have to get up early (relatively speaking) the next morning.

I think it's because I'm afraid to go to bed. No, this isn't some Nightmare On Elm Street sort of fear, it's just that every time I go to bed I know that there's a very good chance I'll spend the next several hours tossing and turning, and still wake up exhausted. It's happened to me pretty much every single time I've tried to get to bed early, at least in the last 2 years.

But I'm still going to give it a try tonight. I'm going to come home after work, do my daily writing, read for fifteen or twenty minutes, and then go to bed. No TV, no video games, no movies, no YouTube. Just writing, then reading, then sleep.

Will it work? Probably not, but at least I will have tried, and trying is half the battle. Or is that knowing? I can never remember. I'm probably getting it wrong, which means I'm probably screwed.

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look, Dawn of Man.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) if you haven't already. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment