Friday, November 2, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 2: Talk Like A Man

So I decided that, to commemorate the manly act of not shaving, I'm going to try to do one manly thing each day in November. Now, I freely admit that my standards of what qualifies as "manly" are probably a lot lower than yours, but give me a break. At least I'm trying.

My manly act for today was to call the phone company and work out what the heck is going on with our phone line. You're probably saying to yourself, Since when has a phone call counted as a manly act? Since I'm the one making it, that's when!

I have a crippling fear of telephones. I have no idea why, but when I pick up a phone - unless I'm calling someone with whom I have a long-standing friendship, frequently reinforced by personal interaction - my heart starts to race, my palms start to sweat, and I begin to feel the need to vacate my bowels. There's probably an actual name for it that a psychiatrist could tell you - they seem to have a name for everything these days - but, as I have little to no respect for psychiatry, I refer to it as telephobia.

Well, you'll be pleased to know that I did make the phone call, I didn't chicken out and hang up the phone - though it would have been a relief, as the amount of noise on the line made me feel like I was James Woods in the final scenes of Videodrome - and I made an appointment for a repairman to come out and fix the line. I just hope the problem is outside the house, because if it's inside they said they'll charge me $85.00 to fix it, and while I'm trying to be more manly, my definition of manliness doesn't include paying out money I don't have.

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look 200-Grit.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) too. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment