Saturday, November 17, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 17: Have A Plan

So I've set some daily writing goals for myself, and so far they seem to be working out. I'm starting off small - 250 words per day, every day for the rest of the month - but I will gradually increase my quota until I reach a point where I find that happy medium between productivity and tolerability. My current plan is to up the count to 350 words per day for December, then raise it again to 500 in January. I don't have a clear plan after that, but my guess is I'll raise it a little every month until I'm up in the 2,000 word range, which - once I've really gotten back into the swing of things - will probably be at or near that sweet spot.

Additionally, my plan is to spend the next month and a half finishing all the half-written stories waiting for me on my hard drive. Then, on January 1st, I'll start working in earnest on my first novel. If I can maintain the 500-2,000 word per day pace, I don't think it'll take me more than 6 months to finish a first draft. We'll see.

In any case, it feels good to be writing again. Well, the writing doesn't feel good, but the having written feels great. So, like most of life, it's a trade-off.

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look, Everybody Must Get Stoned.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) if you haven't already. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment