Friday, November 23, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 23: Say You're Sorry

I'd just like to take this chance to apologize to everyone. What can I say? I'm weak! I knew it was wrong, but I just couldn't help myself. I'm not proud of what I did, but if you give me another chance, I'll try not to do it again. Please don't give up on me!

I didn't mean to buy anything on Black Friday, but I just couldn't stop myself. I wanted to get a gift for my son, and it was $30 off! You can hardly hold that against me! I didn't go at 8pm Thanksgiving day! I waited until 2am this morning (despite what you may think, that's actually a reasonable hour for me) just to show that I wasn't going to be taken in by the hoopla.

Of course, when I got to Wal-Mart they had racks of low-priced Blu-Rays and DVDs lined up every aisle leading to the section where they kept the gift I was looking for. I couldn't help browsing on my way back! But I didn't get anything! Sure, I put a $4 copy of Hellboy 2: The Golden Army in my basket, but I put it back on the shelf when I realized they were out of the thing I'd come for in the first place!

It was Best Buy that got me. I mean, I had to go there! They were the only other place I could think of where that particular item was on sale! And I held out until I was stuck in that interminable line they have wrapping the entire store. I had come and found what I was looking for, and was ready to leave when I saw that they had the Will Ferrell/Zach Galifanakis political laugh-fest The Campaign for only $12! Twelve lousy bucks!!! How could I resist such hilarity at such a low price? Are you telling me you could?!?

All right! I admit it! I'm a bad person! I succumbed to avarice when I should have been focusing on gratefulness, and I'm sorry! I promise I'll try to do better next year!

This is a Black Friday indeed.

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look, Lone Survivor.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) if you haven't already. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment