Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 14: Accept Defeat With Dignity

The rebel in me says, Never submit! But the pragmatist in me realizes that I have no choice. For me, at least, self-publishing just isn't an option.

I've been entering my stories in the rejection circuit again. It's a process I can't help loathing, but it's the only way to get the kind of external validation my pathetically needy ego craves so badly. What can I say? I'm a modern, American male.

I've been focusing on getting one story submitted per-day for the last couple of days. I only have five finished stories - which is to say, five stories that have gone through the rewriting process enough times for the perfectionist in me to say, Well, that's the best I can do - so I should be done by the end of the week, but Nightmare Magazine claims their turnaround time is 2 days or less (unless they're seriously considering a story), so I'll probably have Monica's Portrait back by tomorrow.

Well, I gotta go. I have to call the furnace guy and work out payment, as it turns out his is the last business in America that doesn't accept credit cards. You'd think he'd mention that up-front, wouldn't you?

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look, Drinking Binge, Week 2.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) if you haven't already. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment