Sunday, November 11, 2012

The No-Shave November Logs, Day 11: Creative Problem Solving

Well, now that my hand is well and truly better, it's time to stop slacking and get back to playing video games! Of course, this being the official Month of Manliness, I've got to find a way to incorporate one of my manly goals into my gaming. Fortunately, I know how to think on my feet, or - in this case - my ass.

First, I moved my exercycle in front of my TV watching chair, which (for the painfully unobservant among you) is the chair I watch TV in. Then, I locked it in place by shoving the rear legs under the chair. I removed the handles - as they were not only unnecessary, but also blocked the TV from where I was sitting - and lowered the seat so I'd have somewhere to rest my controller if, for example, I got a phone call (which always happens when I'm playing video games, usually right in the middle of a boss battle). Ta-da! Suddenly I'm not only playing video games, but also getting manly exercise on my new recumbent exercycle!

As you can no doubt tell from these pictures, the setup is pretty much perfect. I put in 1:45 on the thing today and didn't even notice. Sure, it's not as good as a serious workout, but I got a good sweat going, and if I'm going to sit on my butt in front of the TV, I can at least pedal a few miles while I'm at it.



Achievement unlocked: Con Artist - Figure out a way to make gaming look productive.

DAILY NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER PIC:


I call this look, Potentially Suspicious, Depending On Location.


You can follow me on Twitter (CLICK HERE) and LIKE me on Facebook (CLICK HERE) too. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment