Friday, September 30, 2011

No Choice But To Get Backup And Try Again

Yahoo hates my story.

I've been working on a short story, titled Israel and His Father, for months now, e-mailing the latest progress to myself and backing it up in a dedicated folder.

As a rabid pack-rat, I keep every single version of a story that I've ever written - even after determining it to be crap and doing extensive rewrites - on the off chance that one day I may wish to go back and retrace the evolution of a story from genesis to completion. Am I deluding myself that I will actually do this? Of course, but that's not the point. The point is, Yahoo is deleting my drafts!!!

I checked the folder today, and all but the first two versions of Israel and His Father that I sent to myself have magically disappeared. What other explanation can there be than that Yahoo is reading the story as I send it, determining it not worth preserving, and deleting it? I'm crestfallen. I really thought the story was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment